Friday, June 24, 2011

Postcards from Lyon...


Vacation season has arrived. This inspired me to share some of my hand-drawn postcards. Every year I visit my daughters and their mother in Lyon, France. I love to explore the streets of this beautiful city. I sketch my observations onto blank postcards. Once I've compiled a variety of drawings, I send them to family, friends, and clients. This is one of my favorite rituals. It's gratifying to mail original artwork to the people in my life.  I hope your summer adventures are picture-perfect!

 the view from my bedroom window...

 Outdoor markets are an integral part of French culture.

This park has a nice view overlooking the city

 Notre-Dame de Fourvière is a minor basilica in Lyon.

Lunch hour traffic at Place Saint-Jean.

This man on the park bench perfectly echoed the sitting statue.

The Rhône region has beautiful rolling countryside.




You can see more fun sketchbook scenes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment